Monday, August 31, 2009

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed!

I woke up this morning with a spring in my step. I've been in a great mood all day!

Gibby kitty woke me up this morning in his customary way -- running and jumping on the bed like the house is on fire, standing on my shoulder and meowing a loud, repetitive, and cheerful good morning. This is the first time he's done this since his visit with the vet - - I think he's finally forgiven me.

I put Sailor Boy on the Greyhound back to his base yesterday afternoon. He's a sick and pathetic looking thing - - I didn't envy him the four hour bus ride. I advised him to get to sick parade this morning, and let me know what the doc said. Looks like flu to me. He spent the greater part of his leave home, in bed in his pjs. Haven't heard from him yet (of course!).

Though school hasn't started yet, football practice has. Itty Bitty will have several months of VERY long days ahead of him -- football season is BRUTAL! It seems to me that the coach is pretty demanding - hours of practice EVERY day. ugh...I hate that. But I love that Itty Bitty is so committed and disciplined, in EVERYTHING!

I quilted the mini Broken Dishes quilt and started sewing down the binding this afternoon. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out, and hope to post a photo finish tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Nancy! Glad they are both okay. It's a good thing your husband is in hospital and didn't miss his dialysis. Lauri is going to love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll!
    Looking forward to seeing what you start next :0)
    How many UFOs do you have now?

    Happy Sewing,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete