Thursday, August 13, 2009

No more pencils! No more books!

I finished piecing my Shirt Stripes Boxes quilt top. The Kaffe Fassett pattern showed three 18" wide strips, but I added a fourth to make it 72" across.


Here's an interesting link for you: Quilts, Quilters, Quilting, and Patchwork in Adult Fiction.

I was interested to read in the Super Shopper Weekly News that the local public library is now offering audiobooks online that can be downloaded for free. I'm very excited about this! I tried to look into this, but I didn't see a link anywhere on the library website, so I'll have to go in and check it out.

I'd like to work on some UFO's while I'm on my short vacation. I've promised myself not to start ANY new projects, and to use what I have in my stash already - -NO BUYING! How do you suppose I'll do?

8 comments:

  1. Do your neighbours never begin to wonder why your repeatedly taking pictures off your porch...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is just way too pretty. Guess I'm gonna have to go scrounge up some striped shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SQUEAL! Nancy-Rose! Your top is WONDERFUL!!! What a beautiful job! Congrats!!! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the wider size, and it is so pretty. I love the convenience of downloading audio books from my library. I have an Ipod and I recently bought an MP3 player that you can bookmark your stopping places. I love it. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it!
    I'm working on mine :0)
    Just finished my "Pick and Choose".
    Did you use only shirts? How many do you think
    you used? It is a beauty.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is lovely! I have drooled a bit over that pattern for some time. I may have to do that one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love it! I've just started collecting shirts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew! I have finally caught up with all you have been doing since I last visted your blog. You are my inspiration, in more ways than one. I am so glad that you blog so that I can get a peek into your life, your mind, and your creative processes.

    ReplyDelete