Friday, August 21, 2009

Thrift Report

Silly kitty! He's getting mighty big to be balancing on the back of my chair!

My grandmother called me this morning to let me know that my favourite thrift store was having a sale today. I promised that I would go check it out. I spied a hardcover copy of "The Quilter's Kitchen" by Jennifer Chiaverini (for 50¢) --some more quilt fiction-- and a really cool cutter shirt ($2).

The shirt was actually constructed with the wrong side facing out, so the images are pale grey when hanging on a hanger - - the crisp black and white images were a very cool surprise! Skulls, ravens, clocks, butterflies, cabins, flowers, snakes, cowboys...like toile of tattoo flash! Unfortunately, the tags have been cut out of this, so I don't know the maker, the size, or even if it IS 100% cotton - - it will have to pass the "burn test" before it can be incorporated into any quilting projects.


1 comment:

  1. After seeing all of the great things people have been doing with vintage shirts, I'm starting my quest for vintage shirts in our local thrift shops. Hope your shirt is 100% cotton so you can incorporate it into a quilting project.

    ReplyDelete