Friday, May 21, 2010

Childhood in a Changing Social Context - - and a bunch of other stuff.

I'm doing a presentation on emerging new presenting issues in child and adolescent therapy related to the changing social context with three other "mature" students next Tuesday. The topic I'm going to be focusing on is "Nature Deficit Disorder". Could be complete CRAP, but interesting to me from my current perspective.  I remember being outside alllllll the time when we were kids, playing with toads, digging holes, playing in the gullies (even though mom said to stay out of the gullies because the gully rats would get you). 

I was laying in bed this morning thinking about games we played a recess.  Anybody else play Eenie Clapsy against the school wall with a red, white, and blue rubber ball?  And Have a Cup of Tea, Sir with that ball in a knee sock?  I think it's time to resurect Miss Lou Lou Had a Steamboat.

The good news is...
There wasn't significant structural damage caused by the water leak. 

I'm still brushing my teeth in the kitchen sink, and shampooing Itty Bitty's hair (I swear he has enough hair for two golden retrievers) in the laundry tub.

So, it's a long weekend!  No specific plans, except homework, of course.  I have a presentation to do on Tuesday, and course readings that I'm waaaaaaay behind on.  Hubby and I are probably going to Ikea this afternoon to pick up the vanity for the bathroom, although it doesn't look like it will be needed for install until well into next week.

Wanted to share this link:

Visit thecsiproject.com

Very interesting!  I'm going to try to participate with the challenges this summer as time allows.  Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment