Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Making more Kimonos!

Oh - these are fun! 


And I think I'm going to make 24 or perhaps 36 all together, rather than stop at 12 (well, I've got 13 done, so I guess I've already passed that) as the pattern calls for, and use a narrow sashing to divide the individual blocks, sort of like traditional Japanese shoji.

shoji [ˈʃəʊʒiː -dʒiː] n pl -ji, -jis  1.a rice-paper screen in a sliding wooden frame, used in Japanese houses as a partition 2. any similar screen [from Japanese, from shō to separate + ji a piece]

3 comments:

  1. The kimono are sooooo pretty! I can't wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoji idea. And those DEFINITELY look like kimonos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the kimono pattern. I made a couple of quilts using it a few years ago, but only did 6 blocks each with sashing. Yours will be beautiful with so many. Lane

    ReplyDelete