Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More Kimonos...more Books!


 I am in LOVE, LOVE, LOVE with "Diary of an Ordinary Woman". While I was searching for a link to information about this book, I was devastated to learn that I had somehow overlooked the two tiny words "A novel" on the cover...because I wanted so much to believe Millicent King was a real person (doubly so when I started reading about her entry into social work as her second career!)  I picked this up at the library, so if you're local, you'll have to wait until I'm finished with it! 


Meanwhile, I'm still dabbling with Kimonos. I'm up to 21 now.


I was at school today for an appointment with the Practicum Coordinator... I still don't have a Practicum placement for 4th year.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Part of me wishes the matter was settled, so I could start gearing myself up for the next eight months--shop for appropriate clothing (important if I'm in a professional office), do some research about the clients and issues I'll be working with, practical considerations like parking, etc.-- but another part of me is afraid to settle, because I might miss some really fantastic experience or opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting for you, Nancy, to be finishing up your degree. As a social worker myself, I agree about your practicum--with luck you'll get a great assignment. Here in the US, a student can sometimes develop a practicum site for themselves--is that a possibility for you? I'm curious--what area of SW are you going into? And what kind of work do you want when you graduate? BTW, I love your kimonos.

    ReplyDelete