Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wanna Save Some Money?

After the toilet paper fiasco the other day, I've sorted and organized my coupons, and scanned through the weekly flyers to maximize my savings. 

Remember my resolution to use $1000 in coupons this year? I'm over $1900!!! and still have 3 months of the year to go, and pretty much took the summer off of coupon-ing.
Here's a couple of things I want to share with you.

(For Canadians only) you can get a coupon for a free package of Maple Leaf Bacon by logging on to FaceBook, and going to the Official Republic of Bacon fan page.

(For SW Ontarians) Goodwill is having a Back to School sale next week, and you can get a coupon for 50% off your entire purchase by again, logging on to FaceBook, and going to the Goodwill Industries Ontario Great Lakes page to get the printable coupon.

(For Canadians only) you can get a coupon for a free package of STAYFREE ULTRA THIN Regular with Wings (18 count). I can't use this product myself, but redeemed my coupon this morning to donate to the local shelter. I urge you to do the same, and give to your local shelter or food bank. I can well imagine that being without maxipads (they are expensive! $5.99 reg. price) to be a terrible hardship, and I bet there's many young mothers who have to make the choice between their own needs or bread & milk for their kids.

Along the same vein, I saw a poster at the Superstore this morning about a charitable project called "Keeping Kids Warm" -- I was very impressed by the number of agencies they contribute to, and I think I'll look for some yarn at Goodwill when I shop with my 50% off coupon next week, and see if I can't make some hats and mitts to contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment