Saturday, November 26, 2011

Weekend Warrior!

 Fourth Fridays in Guelph means celebrating the creative, neighbourly, interesting, cool, welcoming vibe of Downtown Guelph on the Fourth Friday of each month, to join in a culture crawl taking in a variety of interesting artistic happenings -- art galleries, musical performances, etc.  Hubby refused to partake of any spoken word events (what?  come on!  you can brag to your friends that you went to a poetry reading!) but we did catch some ice sculpture taking place out in our front yard - stopping to watch a man carve a lifesize reindeer with power tools. 

Then we headed just around the corner for a wine tasting event at the Red Brick Cafe, with our neighbour Mike.  We spent a couple of hours there, trying four different wines from Italy, Spain, and California - 1 white and 3 reds.  I'm not much a wine drinker - but we were provided with tasting notes for each wine -- I didn't think the white tasted like grass at all, but I did notice the lemon-lime finish. 
Hubby has gone 'home' to St. Thomas today, so I spent the afternoon at the office putting in some "lieu time" (I want to take Tues. afternoon off) tidying up some files, clearing off my desk, finishing up some documentation. 

Tonight I'm cutting up fabric for Shirt Stripe Boxes and listening to CBC radio.  I love CBC radio - especially Saturday nights - first Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap and then Saturday Night Blues.   Take a listen to the podcasts available on the websites and see if you don't become a fan!

1 comment: