Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Neighbourhood was YARN BOMBED!!!




Yarn bombing, according to wikipedia, is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colourful displays of knitted of crocheted yarn rather than paint or chalk.

I finished reading "Call the Midwife" so I'm all ready to watch the premier tonight on PBS - yay!

Now I'm reading this paperback I picked  up at Goodwill a few weeks ago:


...which - according to Amazon - features twenty-eight entertaining short stories about quilts and quilters collected from the pages of classic magazines such as "Harper's Bazaar", and "Good Housekeeping", introducing you to the captivating worlds of quilters in other times and places. From courtings that nearly go astray to husbands and wives brought together by quilts to quilters obsessed with securing scraps, "Love of Quilts" has something for every quilter. Fascinating fiction, these stories also provide important social history. This book also includes a bibliography of quilt fiction and a time line that lists American quilt fiction, plays, poems, and patterns published from 1845 to 1940.

2 comments:

  1. I have that book, Love of Quilts. In fact, I have nearly every quilt fiction book I can find. I love to re-read them when I am not quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would love to see my neighbourhood yarn bombed. I have a notion to do it somewhere...it would be a hoot!

    ReplyDelete