Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Just some stuff


It would be so nice if my cat was just as helpful as this pretty kitty when I'm sewing.  Not Gibby!  He likes to lay on my cutting mat when I'm trying to work.  And if I poke him with a ruler, he bites.  If I'm rotary cutting, he likes to take a swipe at the blade - I'm sure he's going to loose a couple of toes.

And here he is, looking so innocent!  Bad boy!

I finished the last four Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks that I needed.  Next to choose some sashing and corner stone fabric and start putting this thing together!

I saw this magazine issue when I was at Michaels on the weekend.  I am in serious like with the granny square quilt on the front.  I didn't buy the magazine, but I went looking for the cover image for inspiration.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen that magazine, but I did find an online tutorial for the granny square blocks (and the quilter at I'm A Ginger Monkey has a strip-piecing method to put em together instead of squares) AND there's a QAL out there too. I'm "probably" going to try a Granny Quilt once I get my UFOs under control ;)

    http://blueelephantstitches.blogspot.com/2012/01/granny-square-quilt-block-tutorial.html

    Is it bad form to post a link to someone else's blog on someone else's blog comments? I hope not!

    ReplyDelete