Sunday, October 11, 2015

a little retreatin'


I went away for four days this week with no real expectations of getting anything accomplished.  But I did finish two quilt tops.  The one above is a Bonnie Hunter mystery called "Christmas Lights" that was published in Quiltmaker magazine a number of years ago.  I had the blocks done, but needed to assemble the blocks and add the borders.  Can you see where I made the mistake?  Yes - I did get out my stitch ripper the next morning and turned the block.  I couldn't live with THAT!


Next, I added a row of four patches to finish off this top that I created from split nine-patches.  I really like it.


The retreat was at a cottage on the St. Clair River, with a number of "quaint" details - including this rotary phone.  I forgot what it felt like to answer one of these puppies - - just about knocked myself out cold!  It must weigh a ton!

One more day off, and then it's back to the grindstone. I plan to spend tomorrow working on homework - - I have SEVERAL projects coming due for both of the courses I'm enrolled in.  

3 comments:

  1. The Christmas Lights quilt is gorgeous! I'll have to look for that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the fabric and colors you chose for the borders of the Christmas Lights quilt. They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, you've come up with beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete